In 1992, a memorial was built for the nine U.S. Marines from Massachusetts who died in the Beirut bombing. The Massachusetts Beirut Memorial is located next to the Christopher Columbus Park in Boston. The Memorial has a circular granite-seating wall.
On the wall it reads: "Massachusetts Beirut Memorial - Dedicated to the nine Massachusetts Marines who lost their lives in Beirut, Lebanon 23 October 1983. Blessed are the Peacekeepers."
The names on the Memorial are:
- LCP Bradley J. Campus - Lynn, 1962-1982
- LCP Michael J. Devlin - Westwood, 1962-1983
- SGT MAJ Frederick B. Douglass - Cataumet, 1936-1983
- CPT Sean R. Gallagher - North Andover, 1952-1983
- SGT Edward J. Gargano - Quincy, 1962-1984
- CPT Richard J. Gordon - Somerville, 1961-1983
- CPT Michael S. Haskell - Westborough, 1950-1983
- SGT Steven B. LaRiviere - Chicopee, 1961-1983
- LCP Thomas S. Perron - Whitinsville, 1964-1983